Monday, August 4, 2008

Car Show (Part Two)



This is part two of the Car Show evangelism story. You can read part one of this story by going to www.bringthenoiz.com. I encourage to read part one first and then revisit this blog to read the final encounter of our day.

After my brother NOIZ handed out numerous gospel tracts at the car show we decided to call it a day and head back home. On our way back I remembered that NOIZ needed to stop and get gas or we would be walking. So he stopped at the local Hess station to fill up. Prior to filling up we had decided to go in to the gas station first to grab a snack. On our way in NOIZ said lets go next door to the 7 Eleven instead because this Hess always smells funny and the smell of the station gets trapped in the food and makes it taste funny. So I said okkkaaaaayyyy? So we walked back to the evanga-truck, hopped in and drove over to the 7 Eleven.

After pulling up to the pump we got out and repeated exactly what we had done at the Hess station. After walking in the store and grabbing a snack we brought our goods to the check out counter. As I was checking out I thought that I noticed the man behind the counter. He had looked like someone that I knew from back in my S.C. High School days. So I asked my brother NOIZ (standing next to me) for a million dollar gospel tract while the store representative was away from me doing something else. Then after I signed my debit card receipt I asked him if he had ever seen a million dollar bill before. He replied no and said that he noticed it as I had it out while I was paying. I told him to read the back, that it was a gospel tract that contained the good news of Jesus Christ on the back. He immediately looked pleased by the tract. Then I told him that he looked really familiar and then his name came to my mind (praise God for that). I asked him is your name Jovan? He said yeah! He said he didn’t recognize me at first because I had put on some weight since high school. Then NOIZ remembered him as well and we all had a small, short reunion in the gas station and most importantly the gospel was given first and foremost. As a matter of fact Christ stayed at the center of the conversation. He asked me what church I attended and I told him G.O. (Greater Orlando) Church on Moss Park Road. I also shared our burning passion to learn and share Christ. Before departing I left him with a Concrete Angels hip hop evangelism CD and an accompanying magazine as well as a business card to gain access to us via the web or telephone. I told him to contact me that I would love the opportunity to get together with him and talk. As I was leaving he asked me to please stop back in and see him, he said that he was there all most all of the time. I said that we would stop back in and see him soon. Then I walked out the door back to the evanga-truck and jumped in.

Before we left I reminded NOIZ that God made all of this happen. It was all answered prayer. What I didn’t mention earlier in the story was that we had prayed before the car show (at lunch) for us each to have at least one encounter and until that stop I was batting zero. So God moved from our original gas stop over to the 7 Eleven so that we could run in to Jovan. Please keep Jovan in your prayers for the power of prayer is extraordinary!

One last thing, NOIZ later told me that he had not been to that 7 Eleven since high school and never has had any reason or desire to go there but yet he was the one who wanted to leave where we were at to go there instead. That’s just another indication that this appointment was divine! God is truly awesome!

2 comments:

Robert Houghton said...

Great story! That first half had me laughing. Evang-a-truck!! "Oookkaaayyy?" I could actual see you looking at me strange as I told you the stores smell made the food taste funny!!!

THE best quote was "our burning passion to learn and share Christ" I really know this to be true about you!!

Keep it up and God bless!

David "Braz" Buck said...

Thanks Brother, you do the same! All for Christ!